ווער עס קען זאל קומען מחזק זיין די זאך
Whoever can should come give support
עס איז דא באסעס פאר $15 דאלער א וועג
There are buses for $15 dollars a way
Three-Day Push for Bill to Give Child Sex Abuse Victims More Time to
Get Justice, Expose Hidden Pedophiles; Press Events and Lobby Day to
Feature Victims and Advocates, Including Former Syracuse Ball-boys
Assemblywoman Margaret Markey will hold three events next week in Albany to focus the attention of the Legislature and Governor on her Child Victims Act of NY legislation (A5488). The bill will give victims of abuse more time to get justice and it will expose pedophiles who have previously been hidden. The programs are:
Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 1:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 1, 2012, 1:00 p.m.
All in LOB Press Room, NYS State Legislative Office Building
Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY
“Childhood sexual abuse is society’s dirty little secret,” said Assemblywoman Markey. “We know that 20 percent of our youngsters grow up as victims of these crimes. Through this series of events, I want to shed light on the different areas of life and society where this abuse occurs and make my colleagues in Albany aware of how important it is that we adopt this bill in 2012.”
At the press conference on Tuesday, February 28, 2:00 p.m., Markey will introduce victims in sports-related cases, including two men who charge they were abused as ball boys by by a Syracuse University assistant basketball coach and several men who reported they were abused by a coach when they were students at a prestigious private school in New York City.
The following day, Wednesday, February 29, will be CVA Lobby Day as the supporters of the bill from across New York State will be in Albany to call on Assemblymembers and Senators and ask them to support the bill. At a press conference at 1:00 pm, the Assemblywoman will stand with victims of abuse at the hands of religious organizations who will talk about their ordeals. Speakers will include victims who successfully took their case against a pedophile to neighboring Massachusetts courts when they couldn’t get justice in New York and a young man who suffered abuse at the hands of a yeshiva rabbi in Brooklyn.
On Thursday, March 1, 1:00 p.m., the focus will be on broader legal and social issues relating to statutes of limitations and speakers will include a past president of the New York State Bar Association.
“Laws in New York are so lax that many perpetrators evade exposure by waiting out the short statute of limitations. I want to change that because pedophiles who are not exposed will continue to abuse yet more children in the future,” the Assemblywoman said.
Markey’s Child Victims Act has been adopted by the Assembly three times, but failed to succeed in the State Senate. The bill will extend the current statute of limitations by five years, to age 28 and will also completely suspend the civil statute of limitations for one year. This will help expose older crimes and make it possible to identify previously hidden abusers through the discovery process in court, exposing them, ensuring that they can never abuse a child again.
FOR MEDIA INFORMATION, CALL MIKE ARMSTRONG, 718-651-3185, 917-279-8437
Tuesday February 28, 2012 12:51 PM
UPDATED: Tuesday February 28, 2012 12:57 PM
TROY, Ohio - A third man wanted in connection with the rape of a young boy, was captured Tuesday and is being held in jail.
Jason Zwick, along with another man from Dayton, are accused of setting up sexual meetings with a child that were arranged through another adult.
Authorities, including the FBI, Troy Police, Dayton Police and Beavercreek Police, had all been investigating the case.
A third suspect was arrested Tuesday morning, ONN's affiliate WHIO reported.
Zwick was arrested during a traffic stop by Beavercreek police. He was charged in Troy on one count of felony rape. He is being held without bond and will be arraigned Wednesday morning.
Investigators in Troy said that Zwick is accused of meeting Kenneth Brandt of Troy online.
According to police, Brandt allegedly set up the meeting between Zwick and a child between the age of 9 and 12. It was not the first time Brandt has allegedly done this, police said.
Officers said another man, Patrick Rieder of Dayton, is also in custody. He also allegedly met Brandt online, too.
Police said Brandt allegedly brought a child to Rieder's home in Dayton, where that child may have been raped.
As for Brandt, he is accused of raping three young boys. He is also accused of promoting prostitution.
"It's upsetting at least any time we deal with anything involving children. Everyone gets emotionally attached and as you get into this case," said Capt. Chris Anderson.
Right now, police said that they are looking into the chance that there could be more child victims associated with the three suspects.
Watch ONN and refresh ONNtv.com for the latest information.
©2012 by By ONN. WHIO-TV in Dayton contributed to this report.. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed
Posted: Tue, Feb. 28, 2012, 1:30 PM
Mark Citron, 43, of Philadelphia, faces charges of corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of a child and criminal use of a communications facility, Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman and Jenkintown Police Chief Albert DiValentino said in a joint statement.
They said the allegations against Citron came to light recently through an anonymous call to Childline.
Based on the information provided to Childline, investigators were able to identify the victim, now 19, and confirmed with her that she had a sexual relationship with Citron over 6 months in 2010, the officials said.
The sexual contact took, including at least one instance of sexual intercourse, took place at Citron's office at the high school, according to the joint statement.
Other witnesses and phone records, including about 900 text messages, supported the allegations, Ferman and DiValentino said.
Citron surrendered to authorities and was arraigned before District Judge Juanita Price, who set bail at $250,000, unsecured.
A preliminary hearing is set for March 8.
February 24, 2012 4:52 PM
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — You knew the story wouldn’t end well when it began with a 57-year-old man wandering around his Fort Worth workplace — naked.
A judge in Fort Worth recently sentenced Kenneth Clyde Jackson to a total of 18 years in prison.
During the trial prosecutors presented evidence that on July 3, 2010, police officers found Jackson at the Regal Plastics warehouse, off East Loop 820.
Officers were not only interested in why Jackson was at the warehouse, but why it was he didn’t have on any clothes. When questioned, Jackson said he was at the warehouse catching up on work and was naked because he was hot.
When officers took Jackson back to his workstation, presumably to get his clothes, they saw child pornography pulled up on his computer.
“His job description didn’t include prancing around naked while looking at child pornography,” Assistant District Attorney Martin Purselley said in a press release statement.
When police ordered Jackson to present some type of identification he told them it could be found in the glove compartment of his car. Officers not only found the ID, the glove box also contained a bag of what appeared to be marijuana.
Jackson apparently learned little from the July arrest since he was taken into custody three months later for standing in his garage, naked as children rode by on their bicycles.
Jackson was sentenced to 10 years in prison for possessing child pornography and eight years in prison for indecent exposure. The sentences were ‘stacked’, meaning the defendant cannot begin to serve the sentence in a subsequent conviction until the sentence in the preceding conviction is completed.
בבית הספר הבחינו שמשהו לא בסדר עם האחיות מהשרון, והן סיפרו על מעשי האח, בן 18, בחודשים האחרונים: חיכה שההורים ייצאו - ותקף מינית. הוא מכחיש
פורסם: 24.02.12, 12:36
תושב השרון בן 18 נעצר בחשד שנהג לאנוס את שתי אחיותיו הקטנות, בנות 10 ו-13, ולבצע בהן מעשים מגונים. החשוד מכחיש את המיוחס לו. בית משפט השלום בפתח תקוה האריך היום (ו') את מעצרו של הצעיר בארבעה ימים.
החקירה נפתחה בעקבות דיווח שהתקבל בבית הספר שבו לומדות שתי אחיותיו של החשוד. שם הבחינו כי התנהגותן של השתיים השתנתה באחרונה, וכאשר גורמים מקצועיים שוחחו עמן, חשפו האחיות כי הפכו קרבנות לתקיפות מיניות מצד אחיהן הגדול.
בעקבות התלונה שהוגשה השבוע למשטרה נפתחה חקירה שבתחילתה הייתה סמויה, ונגבתה עדות ראשונית משתי האחיות. במהלך עדותן, עלה החשד כי במהלך החודשים האחרונים נהג האח לתקוף את בנות משפחתו לעתים קרובות. האחיות סיפרו כי החשוד המתין שהוריהם ייצאו מהבית, ואז היה מבצע בהן מעשים מגונים ואף אונס אותן. האחיות הוסיפו עוד כי חששו לספר על התקיפות המתמשכות. בחקירתו, הכחיש כאמור החשוד את המיוחס לו, אולם במשטרה משוכנעים כי העדויות שמסרו אחיותיו אמינות.